Re: [6pack] TR6 exhaust

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 exhaust
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 11:01:48 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, Foster, Stan wrote:

> Based on what I am reading here there is some demand for a TR6 system that
> flows well, sounds appropriate for a street car driven on long trips (ie
> doesn't require you to wear ear plugs), wont rust and can be put together with
> a good off the shelf header and doesn't cost $2000.
>
> It seems this can be done if you have the time and the resources and someone
> local that can fabricate the missing bits (ie another Project) but if you want
> to buy something as a system it is either going to be too loud (Monza) or too
> inefficient (standard TR6) or too expensive for now (Rimmer).
>
> Assuming you have a header and you have a SS muffler how difficult is it to
> find someone that can fabricate the intermediate bits (pipe, brackets,
> hangers) in SS ?

This should be no prob.

Look in the phone book for custom exhaust shops and call around.

You want to find shops that work with custom hot rod fabricators. You want
mandrel bent tuning (this is sometimes a limiting factor). Stainless is a
bit tougher, but there are shops that do a lot of stainless. The hot rod
guys like stainless because they (like a lot of us) don't put a tonne of
miles on thier cars so they want something that'll last.

> Stan

regards
rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489