Re: [6pack] Proper grounding

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Proper grounding
From: "Hunter, Darcy" <Darcy_Hunter@Instron.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:22:47 -0500
My understanding it that the battery should be grounded at the bell housing but
also to the firewall via a bolt that is on the firewall just behind the
accelerator pedal shaft.  Looks like it should be a braided cable with a metal
clamp on the cable partway between the battery and the bell housing.
The firewall bolt goes through the clamp and into the firewall.  I plan on
taking extra care to ensure there is no dirt or paint between the clamp and
firewall.  I've heard someone say the path is battery to bell housing back up
to the firewall.  Doesn't seems as logical but that no indicator of how
it would have been originally engineered.
Darcy