[6pack] Suspension rebuild

To: <net@lists.mv.net>
Subject: [6pack] Suspension rebuild
From: "Richard and Tracy Lambour" <rlambour@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:39:15 -0400
Hi fellow NET members,

I'm in the process of a body off restoration of my 1970 TR-6 (the floor pans
had rotted out), and I'm planning to start a suspension rebuild soon while
the body is still off the frame.

The car sat for 10 years in Texas, so I'm replacing all of the rubber.  The
rear springs were shot when the car last ran so they need to be replaced
too.

I was thinking of using urethane bushings to improve handling of the car.
In addition to the rear springs, I thought I'd swap out the front ones too.
The front end is a bit banged up from a collision, and I'm having that
repaired and squared before I start with the suspension.

I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations, web links, or wisdom for a
neophyte like me regarding rebuilding the suspension.  I'm reading through a
few resources but thought I'd throw the question out to others here too.

Thanks very much for reading.  I was glad to hear some of you made it out to
Kimball Farm Cruise night, which is very near where I live.  I missed the
show that night, but went the next week and spotted a wonderful looking red
TR-4A and a few other British cars as well.  Nice to see them there!

Best regards,

Rick Lambour