Flywheel / starter realtionship

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flywheel / starter realtionship
From: "STEVE STERN" <MACHINEMD@MSN.COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:05:25 -0500
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:06:25 EST
From: Lfm614@aol.com<mailto:Lfm614@aol.com>

I also had the same problem after getting the flywheel resurfaced. The shop
told me that they had no need to remove the ring gear for resurfacing. They
added that if it was that loose to move while machining it should be replaced.
Should have listened! Ended up needing to pull the tranny and do it a couple
months later. And after thinking about it, I was a knuclehead for not doing it
from the git-go. If it ever slipped off completely under speed there might
have been a bit of damage as a result and just running it out of balance can't
be good.

Steve