RE: Valve cover oil residue

To: "'Sally or Dick Taylor'" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, <samuelsma@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Valve cover oil residue
From: "Robert Liam Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:49:39 -0500
I remember those days fondly when I needed to clean my finned alloy valve
cover on the TR6 (Gone but not forgotten.) Then one day I got smart and
attempted something ingenious, even if I do say so myself. I took a piece of
the string mop we use on the kitchen floor, you know the ones where you need
a ringer to squeeze off the water and tucked it inside the rim of the oil
cap. It worked. Occasionally I would freshen up the piece with a new one.
You should see the mop now. 10 years later, it looks like it has a comb
over! He He!

Robert L. Gannon
http://home.comcast.net/~trsix74/wsb/index.html