RE: Emission Test Exemption For AZ Collector Cars & MC's Gets

To: "'Marty Clark'" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>, "'Triumph Email List'"
Subject: RE: Emission Test Exemption For AZ Collector Cars & MC's Gets
From: "Darrell Ramsey" <dramsey11@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:01:29 -0500
It is good to see sanity prevail in government on occasion.  I lived in
Maricopa County until 2004 and I spent countless hours tweaking my very
sweet running '71 TR6 through emissions testing.  Try getting a smooth idle
in 105 degree air temperatures.

I can't help but think that the Leyland engineers who designed these
primitive emissions control systems would have laughed their arses off had
they known that the cars would be expected to meet emissions requirements 35
years down the road.

I recall John Horton working this issue years ago, bravo John.

Darrell

>Maricopa (Phoenix area) and Pima (Tucson) counties in Arizona finally have
>the Fed's OK to stop emission testing "collector" cars (15 years or
>older with collector car insurance). The AZ law passed back in April 2005
>but then the Fed's required a whole lot of work be done for them with a
>report documenting everything be sent to them and then they had to approve
>it which they just did. I've got pieces from an article in today's Arizona
<Republic below as well as a link to their web site with the entire