RE: Con Rod/Main Bearings

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Con Rod/Main Bearings
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:14:27 -0600
I guess my TR6 hadn't read the Williams book.  :(  The new pump
didn't self prime when turning the motor over (no spark plugs
installed).  I tried using a drill and still no luck.   I then
removed the pan, packed the pump and then drove it with a drill and
it primed just fine.

Doing this as the motor is being assembled is a small bit of
insurance against a low probability event.  I'll certainly do it on
the next engine that is rebuilt.

Rob
74 TR6 daily driver - but the clutch has now developed a problem and
it is sitting in the garage
70 Europa - keeping it company