RE: Con Rod/Main Bearings

To: "Sean McCafferty" <mccafferty@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: RE: Con Rod/Main Bearings
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 07:21:55 -0800
    Sean:

        Packing the oil pump with Vaseline is an old trick to make sure
that the pump primes very quickly and the oil starts flowing immediately
on startup. It won't hurt anything if you do it, but the TR6 oil pump is
a very good design and will self prime immediately. Roger Williams says
that it isn't necessary to do this for our motors.....

        Vance