RE: Elongated Urethane bushings, follow up

To: "'Richard Seaton'" <rsh17@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Elongated Urethane bushings, follow up
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:14:38 -0400
Richard,

Be sure to lube the SS sleeve well on both the bolt and nylatron side.

Mike

 Some of you may remember that I was having problems with some urethane
Trailing arm bushings elongating. I had installed new ones in Decamber of
last
year at 26,172 miles and recently checked the play in the bushings because I
thought  the rear end wasn't feeling quite right. So upon inspection the
inner
most bushing has elongated again after only 2,305 miles. Rubber would have
been better than just allowing the pivot point to move w/o any resistence.
The
outer bushing is ok. I've posted a picture on the TR owners link if anyone
is
interested. Look under the rear coil over shocks section of pictuers.
Unfortunately the picture isn't that large, if you want to see a larger
picture just ask.
 One side now has nylatron bushings, just need to back the car out and do
the
other side. Note-when installing the nylatron bushings with Good's
adjustable
TA brackets 1/2" longer bolts are needed, the ones in the kit are too short.

 The are pictures from the Nashville British car club show in Franklin for
this past weekend too

Richard Seaton