Re: Drive Shaft Questions

To: janah@att.net (John & Allison Cyganowski)
Subject: Re: Drive Shaft Questions
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:27:50 -0700
John C.
a) Illustrations show that prop shafts and axle shafts with the yokes on
the same plane. This is supposed to take the whip out of them and keep
their balance.
b) I don't see why not. The weight of both should be about equal.

Dick

From:
janah@att.net(John & Allison Cyganowski)

Dick
Hi All-
I diassembled the drive shaft, blasted and painted it.
Now I am putting it back together. Of course I did not now haow it came
apart and Bentley does not document the driveshaft well.
a.) The front sliding yoke spline is not keyed. Should I assemble it
with the yokes in the same plane or 90 degrees out of phase?
b.) My sliding fron yoke had a bolt in place of a grease zirk. is there
any reason I would not want to just put in a grease zirk and leave it
there?
John Cyg.