Re: Yet another clutch thread - FIXED! / preload

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yet another clutch thread - FIXED! / preload
From: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:28:12 -0500
Kendall and everyone who has a Gunst bearing,

I've often wondered about this - how does using the pre-load spring on the
cross shaft affect the amount of resistance
felt when pushing in the clutch pedal?  In other words, how strong is the
spring?  Is it strong enough that
it "assists" when you push in the clutch, making it easier to push in?

And Kendall, out of curiosity, how did you decide what strength spring to go
with?

John V.
1974 1/2 TR6