Clutch pedal feel

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch pedal feel
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:30:47 EDT
Listers:

My car is scheduled to go to the repair shop soon for replacement and
boxing/reinforcement of both front differential pins using parts from TRF.
Lately,
I have noticed a new problem that may or may not be related.

My records from the P.O. via the dealer indicate a "new clutch, throw-out
bearing, clutch fork, bushings, master cylinder, slave cylinder, seals and
gaskets."  I have this information only in list form, and I don't have the
actual
owner's receipts or contact information.  I have had zero clutch  problems in
the 9 months that I have owned the car.  The only trans problem  I have
noticed is that it likes to grind when upshifting into second gear when  the
gearbox is cold.  Anyway, as the passenger-front differential pin has  begun to
come
loose, I have noticed not only the usual clunk from the rear end  when
engaging the clutch, but also a change in the clutch pedal feel.  It  seems
harder
to depress the pedal, and upon letting the pedal out, it seems to  move less
smoothly.  It is almost as if the pedal wants to push back at me  upon engaging
the clutch, unless I concentrate on letting it out very  smoothly.

Could these problems (diff pin and clutch pedal effort/feel) be related
somehow?  The problem seems to be at the end of pedal travel (farthest from
the
floor).  The actual shifting is fine, and there is no slippage.   Also, I drive
the car very gently, and shift slowly and deliberately out of  habit.

Thanks.

Michael
'76 Tahiti blue
CF 57044U