Re: Hardtop Storage

To: trguy@cfl.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hardtop Storage
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 10:11:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/2006 8:48:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
trguy@cfl.rr.com writes:

Anyone  have suggestions for storing the hardtop?  I would be interested in  a
cart (haven't seen one for sale though) on rollers or system for  hanging
from garage ceiling.   All ideas  appreciated.

mine has been hanging from the ceiling in my garage for about 4 years  -
since the last time I had it on the car - planning on putting it back on the
car
RealSoonNow - I don't remember where I bought the hanging system, but it
wouldn't be hard to make the same system from 2 pieces of pipe, some straps,
some
blocks of foam, a compound pulley and a rope - I'll take some pictures when
I take it down - probably week after next

be careful about carts - most, make that ALL, carts I've seen for other
hardtops will not work for the TR6 hardtop because it has those 2 corners that
stick down too far and hit the floor when you stand the top up to put it on the

cart

Cheers
Jack Mc