Re: 205/70-15 vs. 215/70-15

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 205/70-15 vs. 215/70-15
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 23:12:19 -0700
 Jim---At one time I ran with a pair of the 215/70-15 (TOYO HT) on the
rear. These were on the stock, steel wheels. Because of their width on a
relatively narrow wheel, it's necessary to keep the tire pressure under
25PSI. Otherwise the center tread will prematurely wear out.
And yes, the odometer came very close to matching the highway five mile
mileage markers.

The only clearance issues came when I tried to install "regular" snow
chains on them. Otherwise, OK.

Dick

From: paradigm_inc@comcast.net(Jim Hinckley)
205/70-15 vs. 215/70-15
Not to beat a dead horse but I'd like to get opinions from those in the
group who actually run either of the above tires on their TRs. The
215/70, even though a little wider, is actually closer in size to the
original than the 205/70.
I plan to mount them on 15 x 5.5 Minilites. I don't believe there will
be any clearance issues, but I want to make sure before I buy.
Jim Hinckley
72' TR6