Re: OD Switch on shift lever?

To: triosan@gmail.com, fot@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: OD Switch on shift lever?
From: CP25616@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:11:19 EDT
In a message dated 11/05/2006 16:36:09 GMT Standard Time, triosan@gmail.com
writes:

I am  assembling a racing TR5 with OD.  Want to put the OD switch on  the
gearshift lever.  Does anyone have a recommendation on what is the  best way
to do this?  Did any Triumphs come this  way?
Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck
Yes this can be easily done by using the gear lever from the 2.5 saloon
which had the operating switch on the gearknob top. The wires went down through

the lever itself from the switch and fitting is relatively straightforward.
However the length of this lever is longer than the TR5/6 and straighter as
well
 so some fettling might have to be done if you want to keep standard length
etc.
When I bought my factory prototype TR5 ( comm. no. X755) a previous owner
had done this already---I personally dont like it this way and put it back  to
standard.
Hope this helps.
Alan Graham
Scotland