Re: Clutch Issues

To: Jsut4fun@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Issues
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 10:14:34 -0700 (PDT)
Ken,

Try bleeding the clutch system & see what happens.
Sounds like you might have a bit of air in there.  Of
course that begs the question, "How did it get there".
 Bleed it & see if that improves things.  Then you
might consider rebuilding/replacing both the clutch MC
& SC.  Also that lovely plastic flexible hose in the
middle may be expanding when you depress the pedal.
Some people go with the braided flexible line.

Rebuilding the components isn't tough, but make sure
you choose a quality rebuild kit.

I bought a Moss kits through a reseller...the MC
rebuild kit seemed to be adequate, but the slave
cylinder rebuild kit...not good.  The piston seal OD
was too small...I found this out when the wife was
pushing the clutch pedal & having fluid shoot out of
the slave cylinder.  I WAS NOT HAPPY!  She left the
scene very quickly.  I was due to leave for Road
Atlanta the next day...fortunately, a local club
member had a Lockheed Rebuild kit purchased from TRF.
It worked MUCH BETTER...all was well again.

NFI

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L