Speedometer/odometer

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedometer/odometer
From: samuelsma@aol.com
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 14:08:15 -0400
Thanks to all the listers who replied!

To summarize, this is what I think is going on:  The speedometer can be
calibrated, but the odometer is at the mercy of the rolling radius of the
tires, unless an internal speedometer gearing change is made.  So my P.O., who
was very meticulous, probably calibrated the speedo and now it is quite
accurate.  The odometer is reading a little high (4%) due to the reduced
rolling radius of my 205/70/15 tires compared to the original 185-15 tires.

Makes sense to me.

With regard to the mileage, the comments I received indicated that it is about
right, or a little low, for my car with those modifications.  As everything is
running well and the plugs look great, I will leave it alone and just enjoy the
ride.