RE: Head gaskets, II

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Head gaskets, II
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:55:56 -0800
        Dick:

        Actually, it is the gasket manufacturers that have the most to
say about this.
        I believe that retorquing pretty much disappeared by the end of
the 60's
or so. When I look at GMHPP catalogue for example, all the gaskets I
find listed specifically
state "No retorquing necessary".
        Whether or not you need to retorque depends on what the gasket
is made of.
Modern materials have pretty much eliminated the need to retorque,
except possibly
for some special applications.

        Vance