Overdrive switch

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive switch
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:03:12 -0500
Hello Again,

This summer I added overdrive making highway speeds much more enjoyable and
a supercharger making getting to highway speeds lots of fun. What I'm not
used to is the overdrive switch and have, on more occasions than I'd like to
admit, found myself power shifting into 2nd gear overdrive! The OD switch is
a stalk just behind the turn signal selector that I forget to return to the
off position. When adding overdrive I opted to include second gear OD
capability and realize that it isn't really needed. Next year while doing
the clutch and the speedo gear, the 2nd gear switch will be rewired so it
can be disabled by a toggle switch tucked away under the dash. Then I will
be power shifting into 3rd gear OD! ;)

I'm wondering about adding an "Overdrive" light to the dash. It could just
be a small round LED. Also understand some of the racers use a relay that
drops out between gears and must be manually energized each time you want to
engage the overdrive. If the OD switch was momentary it could work pretty
well. What do you think?

Rick Patton
Brunswick Maine
75 Delft blue supercharged EFI TR6