Subject: Stub axle removal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: Stub axle removal
From: MTRsix71@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:27:36 EST
Mitch,
I called around local shops and no one wanted to touch them in case they
broke on the shop press. I ended up shipping them to TRF and their C.A.R. Dept.

cleaned them up by blasting, separated them to replace the $5 oil seal and
reassembled. They even painted them gloss black. I believe cost was about
$120-$140 for the whole deal about 2yrs ago.

I should have coated them with a clear coat as they are beginning to spot
rust now. But over all I have been very pleased with TRF's C.A.R. Dept work on
my stub axle.

MRankin
1971 TR6
CC 61212 L