RE: Transmission tunnel

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission tunnel
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:27:01 -0500
The rubber seals (usually a flat rubber strip with adhesive on one side)
sticks to the floor/bulkhead. Just stick it down and cover up the holes.
There are special bolts and plates that clamp the tunnel down onto this
strip to make it water tight (ha !).

I think the material used for the tunnel will determine how hard it is
to fit. Cardboard, fiberglass and plastic are the most common and all
probably require a degree of brute force when new. If there is an easy
way to get it to line up I don't know what it is but I got a black
plastic cover from TRF and I used a length of 2x4 and a lever against
the inner sill to gently push the edge of the tunnel cover into position
over each hole until I could insert the bolt and I just worked my way
around going back to front. The front seal to the bulkhead needed to be
drilled for the bulkhead holes.

The black plastic looks great but it took a lot of patience to get it to
fit. I may have said some bad words in the process.

Stan