Re: Replacing Rear Springs - Anything Else At The Same Time?

To: Marty Clark <marty.tr6@gmail.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Replacing Rear Springs - Anything Else At The Same Time?
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 13:06:28 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Marty,

I would only replace the rear control arm (swing arm) bushings and coil spring
pads first before replacing the rear coil springs.  The reason is because the
rubber swing arm bushings deteriorate causing the rear camber of the rear tires
to be out of specifications (ie. the bottom of the rear tires are further out
than the top half).  I would bet that all that is needed is replacement f the
rubber bushings and rubber upper and lower coil pads.  The replacement of just
the rear coil springs doesn't solve the original cause of the rear camber
problem.  Put your money were it is most needed!

Greg Perry