securing driveshaft

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: securing driveshaft
From: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:37:19 -0500
I need to figure out the best way to secure the drive shaft on my TR for
transporting this weekend (will be towing
it).  I already have the shaft disconnected from the differential with no real
problems.  Obviously, I need to secure
it so that it doesn't move and touch the differential input shaft as it is
spinning.  Those of you who have done this
before, would you care to share how you secured it?  Messing around last night,
it appears the best option would be to
pry the shaft up towards the floor of the car using wood blocks and then secure
it using bungie cords or some other
type of tie down.

John V.
74 1/2 TR6