RE: oil pres on new motor

To: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>
Subject: RE: oil pres on new motor
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:36:36 -0500
Peter,

I had to pack the oil pump with grease and then use an electric drill
to drive it to get pressure to come up and it still took awhile.

To drive it, I notched the end of a piece of gray plastic tubing from
the plumbing aisle that is normally used to connect a sink faucet to
the water supply line.  The notch was the same size and shape as the
drive dog on the distributor.

Rob
74 TR6