Re: Exhaust Fumes Invade Cockpit

To: "Brian Alwin" <electrospud@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Fumes Invade Cockpit
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@shoalsbritishcars.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:30:01 -0500
Brian,

You're right about the exhaust fumes, they are trapped in the area of low
pressure right behind the car that is created when the car is at speed.
Eventually some of the fumes wind up in the boot.  If you can get the
exhaust into the slip stream then they won't get trapped behind the car.
Here was my solution.

http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org/exhaust.htm

Terry Geiger
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org
'74 Triumph TR6 (for sunny days)
'63 Triumph Herald (wife's car)
'84 Mercedes 300D Turbo Diesel (for the wife to drive)
'90 Chevy S10 (parts fetcher)