Electronic Ignition?

To: SamuelsMA@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Electronic Ignition?
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:39:49 -0400 (EDT)
Sounds like you have a nicely modified engine.   I have some similar mods and
have used the Crane 700 and now Crane 3000 systems for a number of years.  A
little finicky to set-up, but has been very reliable.   The 700 is now my spare.

Knowing what I know now I might have skipped the Crane and went directly to a
Mallory electronic distributor.   More $ and more work to set-up, but more
performance benefits including adjustable advance and a more agressive advance
curve.    The stock advance curve on US spec 6s may not be satisfactory to take
full advantage of modified engines.

A Mallory conversion was recently iscussed on the list.

Bruce Simms