VTR Traveler Assist Program Update

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR Traveler Assist Program Update
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:19:35 -0700
Mitchell---Take the front bolt out. The other bolt will do just fine in
securing the distributor from going anywhere. This back bolt and the
elongated slot can be used to make fine adjustments for the timing.

Dick

From:
jmitch@snet.net(John Mitchell) Date: Sun, Jun 12, 2005, 10:13pm
(PDT+3) To: triumphs@autox.team.net Subject: Reinstalling Distributor
          I'm in the process of putting things back
onto my engine after a rebuild and am running into a problem when I
install the distributor. I bolted the clamping ring onto the pedestal
with hex head cap bolts, plain washers and lock washers, as shown in the
TRF catalog. When I then slide the distributor in( retard unit facing
almost straight back) the casting bulge where the tach drive is located
hits the front bolt before fully seating. Am I using the wrong hardware,
or am I doing something else wrong. I had to replace the clamp and bolts
because the knuckle head engine builder lost them, or I would know what
is correct. Thanks for any advice.

                                                        John
Mitchell   76 TR6   BRG