Re: Scuttle Questions

To: janah@att.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scuttle Questions
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 09:42:11 EDT
I have a question about the venting of water there, too. I've seen many
suggestions over the years about extending the vent tube to the outside, below
the
rockers. This seems like a good idea, but it only addresses part of the
problem with the area inside the front wing. Water is also channeled to that
area
from the channel that is formed in the scuttle along the rear edge of the
bonnet. There is a slot in the front wing that the channel runs under/into and
then
into the wing void. This seems even worse than the vent tube. At least the
tube directs the water to the general area of the indention in the rocker that
lets the water out. The channel just lets the water trickle down the sides, it
seems.
Has anyone tried to route that water to the outside also?

Bud Trussell