Re: FW: Report on Lead Substitutes..

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Navarrette Vance"
Subject: Re: FW: Report on Lead Substitutes..
From: "Mark Pruitt" <mwpruitt@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 18:52:36 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Vance,

You had to ask, so I guess I must tell everyone where the name "Tiger"
Munson comes from. It has nothing to do with his TR6 engine, as you might
suspect. I'm Tiger's crew chief, so to speak, and consider him my best
friend. I hope he will not mind me sharing this with everyone on the list.
When I went with him to the SCCA drivers school at Robling Road earlier this
year, there was a safety steward that had a fondness for Mike. He / She
(wasn't really sure which sex it was) referred to him as "Tiger" when he /
she was talking to me at one point during the weekend. Of course, I had to
make that name stick, so I have called him Tiger ever since. Mike didn't
want to admit that the steward was fond of him and said it was because of
his orange drivers suit. Of course, I know better...

I hope that Tiger doesn't fire me as crew chief, as I need the big bucks
salary that he is paying me to put shoes on my kids, not to mention all the
sponsor commercials and endorsements I'm getting for Lucas Electrics !!! :-)
.... Not, I do it because Tiger is the best guy in all the world and a good
sport to my joking around!!!

For what it's worth, the engine is pretty bad ass, even though the clutch
couldn't take the awesome power during the Mitty at Road Atlanta!!!

BTW, I'm the bald headed handsome guy in some of the photos on the web site.
Looking for a movie contract.....

Mark Pruitt
GTA Assistant Director
Triumph TR6 1972