re: Side Window Adjustment

To: <dc_bruin@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Side Window Adjustment
From: "Paul G. Edelstein" <pgedelstein@capitaltriumphregister.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:59:40 -0400
Dwayne,

Fore/aft adjustment for the window channels is achieved by inserting or
removing "shims" (actually just washers) under the window channel mounts.  The
channels should be adjusted so that the glass slides up and down freely, but
has very little fore/aft movement (some will be present, though).  I hope you
have small hands -- prepare to lose some skin anyway!  The TRF parts catalog
(vol 2) has very useful exploded views of this, plus (as I recall) some
commentary on the use of washer for this purpose.

Good luck!

Paul E.

Paul Edelstein
Annandale, VA
71 TR6 Damson CC67060
80 TR8 Aqua TPVDV8AT210430
98 Range Rover 4.6 Niagara Gray SALPV1444WA403669

*****