front suspension rebuild help

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: front suspension rebuild help
From: "jeffm" <jmackd1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:11:10 -0500
Hello,

I am in the process of rebuilding the suspension. When putting the lower
control arms into the brackets that attach to the frame, I torqued the bolts
to 40 ft. lbs and damn if it didn't bend the brackets all to hell. It is a
brand new torque wrench, I don't think that is the problem. I have 2
urethane bushes with stainless steel sleeve that goes into the end of the
lower A-arm. Am I doing something wrong in the installation

Thanks,

Jeff

75 TR6