Re: Parts washing

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parts washing
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 23:14:37 -0400
We were putting a 289 4 speed into a 1960 Falcon 6 cyl Automatic Station Wagon.
Oh well. What else
do you do when you're 22?

The rear end had no axle and it was up on jack stands. No moving the car. The
gas started dripping
out the gas line after we had jacked up the rear end. I had a pencil stuck in
the end of the gas
line, but it was dripping, so "to be safe" we decided to drain it. The pan was
directly under the
new engine. When the "knowledgeable" neighbor decide to help by spraying water
on it, lots of water
went down the carbs. The fire destroyed the wiring in the engine compartment
and melted the dash.

I pulled the heads, and the cylinders were full of water.

My spirit broken, I towed the car with new engine in it to the junk yard. Spent
the rest of the
summer cleaning and painting the house.

The house came out nice.

Don Malling