Windshield Wipers

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshield Wipers
From: "Robert G. Pindell" <pinderg@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:32:38 -0500
I hate to bring this simple query to the group, but is there a magic
solution to my slow wipers?   I need to get my 6 inspected after several
years of inactivity, and now the wipers barely move.  I have disconnected
the motor to extract the rack that drives the "wheel boxes" that have the
wiper arms attached but the rack seems to be held in tight, maybe by old,
very gummy grease.   At the present I'm left with digging into the plenum
behind the dash which looks like several tedious hours and I'm not sure that
I can disconnect everything if I can't withdraw the rack first.  Any
experience and/or short cuts or advice to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Bob Pindell - 1973 with hardtop