Re: Removing Trunions

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing Trunions
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:25:45 -0400
Hi John
My wife always told me that I was a tactless clod. My apologies if my note
sounded a little curt.

When I attacked my front suspension, I had the advantage of having purchased
all of the parts, including new trunions, since  I wanted to perform a
complete redo. Having the parts in hand made the disassembly process a lot
simpler because, along with the TRF spare parts assembly diagrams (Blue
Book), it aided in knowing how the parts went together.

I also had the advantage of this web reference authored by P. Macholdt and
posted on http://www.tr6world.com/front_suspension.htm and  VTR's Triumph
Maintenance Handbook at http://www.vtr.org/maintain/index.shtml

As to the unselfish aid provided by this list, I wholeheartedly agree. I've
learned more in the several years I've followed it than I could ever have
learned from manuals, besides giving moral support in keeping my LBC on the
road.

Good luck with your project.
Regards,
Jerry