Calling All Hardtop Experts!

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Calling All Hardtop Experts!
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 17:02:35 -0400
Hi All-

I was lucky enough to pick up a Factory Hardtop last fall. The top needs to
be repainted my color (Damson) and needs the headliner replaced. So I
stripped down the liner and cleaned out the mouse nest and droppings (Hanta
Virus here I come!).  Now I have a few questions:

1.) I see how the corner piece chrome fits - there is a nut(?) on the post
at the very end of the hard top fairing, and the inner edge fits under the
rear trim. So I think if I pull that nut off, I should be able to pull off
the corner trim.  How does one remove the rear trim? I see some things that
look like rivets and it looks as though the trim is fastened by these, but
removing it looks like I would destroy the rivet thingies.

2.) In moving the top, I bumped it and I heard a rattle. I have all the
glass out and everything stripped out.  When I shake it it sounds as though
something is inside the forward quarter window frames.  I can't see what it
is, but I know it will drive me crazy if it rattles like that when it is on
my car!  Anyone know that this could be?

3.) I have heard that the roof is pretty noisey in the rain.  I was thinking
of some adhesive backed air filled honeycombed insulation with a space
blanket laminate. Opinions?  Sources?

Thanks,
John Cyg.
Too chicken to pull his Overdrive.

PS. As an aside -  Looks like my top started out Damson, went to Mallard,
then Pimento.  Now back to Damson. Oh Well.