Slave cyl. bleeding

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Slave cyl. bleeding
From: "Russ & Sandy" <bungs4@wpia.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:13:51 -0500
First I am a new member but I sure enjoy the discussions that are brought up
on here. I do have a problem with my 73 TR6 clutch. My car had numerous leaks
that I took care of over the winter. One of them was the flexible line that
connects to the clutch slave cylinder. I replaced it with one that is clear
from Moss Motors.....easy enough. Now I cannot seem to get the cylinder bled.
I'm just about at wits end. I followed all the steps in the manual even tried
the hose in the jar thing. a quart of brake fluid later and a mess still the
same. The pedal goes to the floor and the rod barely moves. Am I missing
something when I press the pedal now with the bleeder closed it pushes fluid
out of the reservoir? Help please.

Russell
73 TR6
CF6369U