Re: Belt

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Belt
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:59:08 -0800
Razor----Some alternator belts are "thinner" when turned on their side.
Sometimes this is enough to slip it past the pulley and cross tube.
As mentioned, liquid soap helps the effort.

For sure, the factory didn't have to go thru such an exercise to install
the belt, so what changed? I suspect the (rubber) motor mount brackets
have sagged and let the engine (and transmission) come forward.  In my
particular case, this was confirmed when I replaced the two front mount
bracketss and the rear one. I now have a full 9/16 inch for belt
clearance.

Dick

From:
RazorBobSr@aol.com Date: Mon, Mar 7, 2005, 11:20am (PST+3) To:
6pack@autox.team.net Subject: Belt
Doing a GM alt conversion in my -6,HOW does one get old belt off
car?????? Must I remove lots of stuff???? Say it an't so