Glad I carry a fire extinguisher

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Glad I carry a fire extinguisher
From: JRURHH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:22:35 EST
I just had to use a fire extinguisher under the dash of the six, am I glad
it was right behind me in car. I haven't driven the car in a while as it's a
little cold in Boston this time of year but since my 16 year old just got his
license my car is always gone. I thought I'd just crank up the TR6 for a short
 trip to the store.

The car started right up and after letting it warm up for a minute I  flipped
on the head lights and was just about to leave when smoke started  pouring
out of the dash. I thought it was the light switch so I pull it out and  behind
it a glowing wires which soon turns to flames. I got the fire out quick  but
the car is a mess of white powder.

Looks like I have a new project for the winter.

If you don't have a fire extinguisher in your car I would suggest you go  out
and get one.

Jim Robichau