Re: vibration on a 72 TR6 very stock

To: sumton@sbcglobal.net ("oliver"), 6pack@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: vibration on a 72 TR6 very stock
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:58:28 -0500
Oliver,
Though I still have my little vibration problem I believe mine is in the wire
wheels.  Is it possible that you installed the driveshaft 180 degrees opposite
of the way it was originally installed?  Did you mark the orientation before
removing everything?  You might take the driveshaft out with the new yoke and
take it to a driveline shop and have them rebalance it.  From what I have heard
from the list previously I dont think it cost too awfully much to have it done.
 Assuming everything else is the same except what you describe it would seem to
logically follow that your problem should be within the scope of the work you
have just completed.  You might also double check each of the nuts and bolts to
check tightness.  I swore when I reinstalled everything I had tightened
everything up but when I went to replace some U-joints later I found half of
the loose.  Not sure if they were that way because they loosened up or because
I was a DO and didnt tighten them.
Let us know how everthing turns out.  There are enough vibration problems on
the list and I am sure others would like to hear what works and doesnt work
towards solving the problem.
Cheers,AaronTopsham, Maine