Re: Leg & hip room in TR6

To: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Leg & hip room in TR6
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:50:38 +0000
Jonmac,

Your comments are well founded, and if us LBC's owners wanted comfort, we
probably be looking at a Jag coupe, or something in that category.

I was really commententing on the design stage, so much of the car (I am 41, so
I vaguely remember them for sale new) was so cool in design,  To me it blew
away the 240Z, and the open cockpit desgin, slab sides, blackout rear, and long
hood was soo british and James Bond European to a little kid. Hey I even liked
the Spit, the way the bonnet opened is still eyecatching today.

It's just when they were putting the interior together, Triumph did not even
make an attempt at changing things to American Spec, except what they had to.
And I also belive you as far as left and right drive drive right setups go.
Very few right hand drive sixes were built, but things like oil filter
placement, and how your feet slide into the cockpit were obviously designed
with mirror image in mind, instead of the "rest of the world" spec.

But like I said, even if the Poursche Boxter is rated as the best sportscar in
the world right now (5th gear did a great story). I still am not driving my TR6
down to the Poursche dealer to trade it in.

GH

--
Gene
genehart@att.net