Re: Leg and hip room in the TR6

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Leg and hip room in the TR6
From: MTRsix71@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:21:08 EST
Gene,
I installed a 13" wood rimmed steering wheel that my wife bought me year ago
from Vicky Brit. The extra inch helps much on leg room while seated. The hub
they supplied was not high quality and the horn push contact had to be
"modified" to work but a little time and effort and it looks good and the horn
works
too. They supplied a "MG" sticker for the hub and I did not realize that until
long after I received it. Be sure to indicate your marque when and if
ordering.

If you are looking to move the seat tracks further back you need to remember
the frame underneath is very close to the existing rear bolt holes. Just
tapping new holes may put you ontop of the frame. You could make a backet of
some
sort that uses the exising bolt holes but that may raise the height of the seat
a bit as well...counter acting the more room you are looking for b/t your
legs and steering wheel.

The cock pit is just supposed to be "cosey."

MRankin
1971 TR6 CC 61212 L
Louisiana