Re: Leg and hip room in the TR6

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: Re: Leg and hip room in the TR6
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:39:00 +0000
Bob,

I dumped the stock wheel too, and got a 14", it only made a slight difference,
but you also said that the Grant moved the wheel tword the driver by 2.5".
Interesting....Maybe I could reverse that...

I also drive the car the way you described, with my upper arms tword my chest
(torso) and my hands holding the wheel like a coffee cup on either side, I
would rather extend them a bit more. Having my arms at my side makes the whole
position too wide for me. I also hold the top of the wheel with my left hand,
and my right elbow on the center console (after-market). This gives me a bit
more room side to side, but tweaks the position to facing inside, rather then
straight. I'm glad I'm not over 6', then I would be staring at the windshield
topcap too.

The same position all the time gets to me a bit cramped. But still the legs
under the steering wheel make me feel as though I'm squeezed in. I also don't
like to fold the seat back too much, that changes the geometry of your arms and
back, and makes you lean forward. Just not used to it I guess..

I'll mess some more with the setup to get a better position. More testing is
needed I guess..

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net