Leg and hip room in the TR6

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net (The 6 Pack List)
Subject: Leg and hip room in the TR6
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:25:01 +0000
List,

I've been road testing my TR6 after the long restoration, and I love it, and
have a few questions for the list about the driveabilty, comfort wise.

I've found that I have to keep my left arm on the door sill, to make the width
of the cockpit more comfortable. And the steering wheel sits very low, close to
the seat, so my legs almost touch it. This makes getting in and out a little
tough, but mostly, the seat only goes back so far. I've found that I seem to
sit up close to the steering wheel in a more upright position. It's a bit
uncomfortable.

One fix that I think I could do to make it more comfortable, is to move the
seat tracks back to handle my 6'  frame. I'm not that wide at 210 lbs, so I'm
still looking for a more comfortable position while holding the wheel. Any
suggestions on how to make the driving position more comfortable with the
existing original seats? BTW-It's a '73.

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net