TRanny top cover leaks

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TRanny top cover leaks
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:10:07 -0600
6 packers-
 Sure was nice to drive the TR6 today for a test run with the top down and
heater off in 50 degree weather. No need for it toady, I was cheating though
as the tranny cover was off along with one seat out. You know even at 90 to
100 mph she's still pretty warm.

Well I got the speedo and the angle drive gear drive gear back in. I had the
speedo rebuilt and it locked up tearing up the angle drive gear. So the sppedo
and angle drive were sent back and repaired for no charge. Since the tranny
cover had to be removed to get to the angle drive now was a good time to put a
speedi sleeve on the output shaft and replace the pretty new seal too. So that
leak has been taken care of, but another one was found in the tranny top cover
through the one or three o-rings at the shift levers. The o-rings were new,
but could be the wrong size.
 I have two questions-
1st is it possible to remove the top cover without removing the tranny or
heater box?
2nd are there any tips to keep those o-rings from leaking?

   TIA, and to remain politically correct and not to offend anyone...Happy
Holidays to every one!! OH WHAT THE HECK, MERRY CHRISTMAS to ya all!

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My restoration @
(http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration<http://groups.msn.com/Richard