Re: exhaust

To: <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: exhaust
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 13:38:47 -0700
Oliver,

Have you tried soaking the joints with WD-40 first?  Then release the pipe
clamps and start pulling.  For safety you could use a hacksaw blade to cut out
the exhaust, but I would make a cut a few inches behind the exhaust manifold
downpipe so that you can attempt to save the downpipe (unless you are going to
chuck this out the window as well).

John Lumia - 1976 TR6
Louisville CO

i'm trying to replace the whole exhaust system on my 72, and it seems quite
attached.

i'm thinking a grinding wheel in an appropriate place, not too close to
important parts, would do the job.

i'm also thinking that all those sparks, if i'm careful, are ok under the
car, prob under the passenger seat looks like the best spot.

just asking for reassurance that i won't be making my next post from the
burn ward . . .

unless there's a better way.  tried prying and pounding, but it's stuck
good!