RE: Dizzy Question

To: <DaCRANEz@aol.com>, <trguy@cfl.rr.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Dizzy Question
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:21:08 -0800
        Mike:

        My '74-1/2 has a 13 degree dizzy advance, which translates to 26
degrees crank
advance. That, plus my 12 BTDC static setting means that I get 38
degrees total
advance. Most engines like around 35 degrees total advance for maximum
power, perhaps
a tad more in some cases (According to D. Vizard, my hero).
        I mention this only to point out that for my motor, I am not
getting any knocking
on regular gas. My engine is running 9.6:1 with a 270 degree cam, and it
"seems"
satisfactory. So don't be afraid to try more advance if you wish.
        By the way, the Bentley manual is very confusing on one point:
The dynamic timing
of 4 ATDC is with the retard CONNECTED and working. The manual is very
misleading on this
point, and if you follow the instructions literally you will end up with
the timing waaay
off. Ask me how I know...

        Cheers,

        Vance

        P.S. I posted a dyno simulation on my web site of my modified
TR6 motor. Not sure
I believe it, but the numbers look great!
Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)

TR6 Web page: http://home.comcast.net/~v.navarrette/