Re: Shocks or levers on a tr250

To: Ron Landis <Ron.Landis@kentcounty.org>, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Shocks or levers on a tr250
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:11:25 -0700 (PDT)
Ron,

I'm sure many will agree that changing shocks will
depend on your driving habits.(racing/street)  My
lever shocks work great for street.  The tube shock
conversion kits vary in style, but offer a variety of
setups.  I've heard of frames being cracked/broken due
to the torque of the tube shock mount.  Probably due
to some very agressive driving.  You can also get HD
lever shocks so keep that in mind.

I think the autocross guys are the best to ask.

As far as the clunk in the rear end.  Someone once
told me that if your diff mounts haven't cracked yet,
they will.  Chances are good that one is cracked.
Probably the driver side front mount.  I suppose you
can also have bad u-joints or perhaps a shock is
extremely loose.  Lots of possibilities.  Get under
the car & look at the front mounts.

Todd Bermudez
TR250
74TR6