Electrical dilemma

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electrical dilemma
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:16:48 EDT
I can start the TR and it runs fine, but if I turn on any lights, turn
signals, or the brake lights it dies and won't restart without sitting for a
while.
When I say restart I mean that the ignition light goes on and then dims or
goes off without any activity from the starter. Interior lights (purple
circuit)
all work.  This all came on suddenly.  The alternator is new, new gear
reduction starter, new lucas sports coil, no blown fuses. Without the engine
running
all lights fed by the red and green circuits work.  Anybody got any ideas as I
am fresh out?
Thanks in advance
Mike C '71 TR6

Check out the new British Cars Forum: