Stebro Exhaust

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stebro Exhaust
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 21:01:44 EDT
Today I had the opportunity to drive a 74 TR6 with a brand new Stebro
exhaust system.
This system was designed and installed this past summer in a friend's car.
He left the car at the Stebro factory for an afternoon so they could design the
 system.

It looks really sharp, two resonators, two mufflers with four gleaming tips
coming directly out from the rear of the car. The downside is the system is
excruciatingly LOUD! So much so, that between 2500 and 3000 rpms my ears hurt.
It resonated so much, it seemed to fill your head and you could not hear
anything else and it hurt. I run a Monza exhaust on my car which is loud,   but
it seem very quiet after driving the Stebro TR6.

I was considering getting the Stebro system until I test drove this car. Is
there any way the noise level can be reduced to less than painful levels ?

Stuart Beatty
76 Carmine

Check out the new British Cars Forum: