Re: Wet Again

To: janah@att.net ("John & Allison Cyganowski"), 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wet Again
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 00:14:38 -0400
John,
In addition to all the advice you have received so far I will pass this along.
Visit www.buckeyetriumphs.org and check out their technical section to view an
excellent resource on the TR6 braking system.  The website will answer most, if
not all of your questions.  It was a great source of information to me.  You
can rebuild, if the bore of the MC is pretty much perfect.  If it has any
pitting or imperfections you can resleeve or hone the bore and try a rebuild.
I did and after a great deal of work and many problems with the braking ability
of the car after the rebuild I ended up buying a new MC and have had excellent
brakes since.  YMMV.  And, as someone suggested, take a look at the servo since
the inside of the servo may contain a little to quite a bit of brake fluid.
Mine was full and required draining, cleaning and a replacement of the seals
but was otherwise fine.  Best of luck.
Aaron Cropley71 TR6 hopefully with throttle body injection at the beginning of
the week....

Check out the new British Cars Forum: